Urbin Report

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Some SciFi stuff

A couple of Star Trek notes. I watched New Voyages latest offering, “THE WORLD ENOUGH AND TIME", with guest star George Takei. Damn good stuff. Take the time to watch all their stuff. It really is made out of love for the show.

Pictures of Zachary Quinto as Spock in the new Star Trek feature film are out. He looks like a good fit.

I’ve been watching the second season of the new Doctor Who series. This is first season with David Tennant as the Doctor. I think it is pretty cool that it was watching Doctor Who as a child that gave Tennant the acting bug and his life long goal was to play the Doctor. IMHO, it shows in his performance.

The new series has a couple of spin off shows, including Torchwood. I’ve seen a few episodes. It looks seriously good. I’ll probably be buying the DVD set when it becomes available in the US.