Urbin Report

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Civil Rights under Attack!

Of course, it is no surprise that it is a "liberal" democrat making the attack.
Oleg Volk sums up the problems with the anti-Civil Rights House Bill number 1022:

The House of Representatives is considering a Bill number 1022. It would ban pretty much all firearms designs of the last 120 years and contains lots of other mischief besides. As a favor to me, please contact your elected representatives and ask them to oppose that travesty.

To me, this proposal is a major violation of my civil rights. It forbids me property of my own, as well as the ability to acquire tools for recreation, self-defense and other lawful purposes. The scope of the bill, including its amendments, is extremely broad. It is, first and foremost, unethical and inconsistent with preservation of personal liberty in my adopted homeland.

As a favor to me, please look up your elected representative and call, fax or p-mail your opposition to it.


Mr. Volk has illustrated problems with the bill quite nicely.