Urbin Report

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Morning Quotes

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

"Right here, two days after 9/11, there was a demonstration of people saying we got what we deserved. I was sickened - it was like saying a rape victim had it coming because she dressed provocatively. That’s when my passion for politics reignited." -- Coyne Maloney

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive. And don't ever apologize for anything." -- US President & Democrat Harry Truman

"Do you know what a soldier is...? He's the chap who makes it possible for civilized folk to despise war." -- Allan Massie, Scottish journalist/novelist

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." -- Friedrich Nietzsche, who sums up The Way in manner to turn Taoists green with fornicating envy.

I’m just like you, only I’m interesting and my life isn’t devoid of meaning

A committee is a cul-de-sac down which ideas are lured and then quietly stranged.

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking." -- Brooks Anderson, American Painter