Found on Say Anything:
1. Someone leaks potential Republican damaging issue to Press.
2. Press runs story endlessly with just enough fact to make it look bad.
3. Public opinion polls are conducted with the majority of people only getting information from 30 second sound bites.
4. Opinion polls look bad for administration so they become part of the story.
5. Enraged public forgets about issue to find out who's winning on American Idol.
6. Issue is vetted, to the satisfaction of most but for the lunatic fringe.
9. If need be, release old story as new news.
NR's Media Blog shows how to create an "Instant Scandal" out of pretty much damn near anything...