Bruce from mAss Backwards reports on a poll that shows Police Chiefs think so-called "gun control" doesn't work:
The very foundations of the gun control movement were rocked today by the results of a survey taken by the National Association of Chiefs of Police (NACOP). In a nutshell, the survey shows that the nation's top law enforcement officers believe that average citizens can be trusted to responsibly own firearms; that criminals ignore gun control laws; and that concealed carry laws reduce crime.
These revelations come as a stark contrast to gun control movement propaganda that asserts that police officials feel that our streets would be safer if law-abiding citizens were disarmed.
Here are the numbers from the survey.
The following survey questions were posed by mail of 22,587 Chiefs of Police and Sheriffs in the United States. It represents a cross section of professional command officers involving every state. The survey was conducted for the 17th consecutive year by the National Association of Chiefs of Police.
3. Should any law-abiding citizen be able to purchase a firearm for sport or self-defense? YES 93.6%
4. Within the past year, has your agency been called upon to arrest anyone who has made a false statement on an application to purchase a firearm? NO 92.2%
5. Should anyone (such as a convicted felon) in violation of state or federal firearm possession laws, be prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney and, if convicted, receive a maximum prison term? YES 89.7%
6. Do you believe law-abiding citizens should be limited to the purchase of no more than one firearm per month? NO 72.8%
7. Do you maintain that criminals currently are able to obtain basically any type of firearm by illegal means? YES 96.1%
8. Do you believe the application & training process to allow commerical airline pilots to carry firearms in the cockpit is too restrictive and burdensome? NO 53.6%
9. Will a national concealed handgun permit reduce rates of violent crime as recent studies in some states have already reflected? YES 63.1%
This is news that Sarah Brady and her paid operatives in congress (Feinstein & Schumer for example) don't want you to know.