Urbin Report

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Digital Camera update

Since my Canon S30 just stopped working, I've had to borrow a digital camera or, gasp!, resort to film. :-)

I wasn't too thrilled will the options provided by Canon "Customer Service"
1. Repair, $155 to start, up to as much as $300, plus shipping. For $200 or less, I can get a brand new 3.2 Megapixel camera, with a full warranty.

2. Upgrade program, trade in my S30 Paperweight for a S60, plus $225, plus $10 shipping, plus tax, call it another $10. $245 for a refurb 5 Megapixel S60 with a six month warranty.

Hmmm...The Nikon 5 Megapixel Coolpix camera sells for $279 at the camera shop at the local mall, and that comes wth a full 1 year warranty.

The Nikon 4600 Coolpix, 4 Megapixel, was priced the same as the 3.2 Megapixel Coolpix I borrowed from my son during my recent trip to Evanston, IL. That closed the deal. New pictures posted will be from my Nikon Coolpix 4600.