Urbin Report

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

When the truth isn't on the side of liberals...

...they just make shit up. As shown by this tidbit from today's Washington Times Inside Politics column:

There's an alert blogger around every corner, it seems.
Rep. Maurice D. Hinchey, New York Democrat, accused White House adviser Karl Rove of "planting" the forged memos used by CBS anchor Dan Rather in an attempt to discredit President Bush's Vietnam-era National Guard service.
Mr. Hinchey was speaking at a community forum in Ithaca, N.Y., on Sunday when he launched into what was described as "a barking moonbat conspiracy rant worthy of the Democratic Underground," according to Little Green Footballs (LGF) " a popular political Web log.
An LGF reader tape-recorded the lawmaker "telling the audience he believed the fake CBS memos were planted by Mr. Rove to discredit Mr. Rather and divert attention from President Bush's 'draft dodging.' "
The reader asked Mr. Hinchey whether he had evidence.
First, he said "Yes, I do," but when pressed, admitted that he did not.
The reader persisted, asking, "Don't you think it's irresponsible to make charges like that?"
Mr. Hinchey replied, "No, I don't. I think it's very important to make charges like that. I think it's very important to combat this kind of activity in every way that you can, and I'm willing, as most people are not, to step forward in situations like this and take risks. I consider that to be part of my job, and I'm going to continue to do it."

2 comments:

  1. I'm on Hinchey's case again, with a "put up, or shut up" challenge.

    I challenge him to either launch an investigation (which has a far greater likelihood of establishing proof of illegal collusion between CBS and the DNC), or keep his mouth shut.

    I'm guessing he does neither.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'll probably launch an investigation, or at least call for one funded by taxpayer money.

    ReplyDelete