Urbin Report

Thursday, June 26, 2003

More of the extremist Left's intolerance for opposing views:

From a reply to Dave's Blog:

Same happened to me in 1976 as a high school junior. My draft dodging social studies teacher went on his Vietnam rant, unaware I was the daughter of a career Army aviator who had been killed in Vietnam (thus I had read everything possible on the war). When I offered my views, he called my father a babykiller, kicked me out of the classroom and had me sit in the library for the duration of the "unit". The experience was life-changing. I became even more "political" and went on to major in journalism and political science, work in my fields (despite censorship over conservative topics) and made me even more determined to fight the left. To me, you are one of the most credible commentators we have...keep up the great work! Sincerely, Laura, Atlanta